Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring?

It is finally March and I couldn't be happier! Although this winter was warmer then last winter it hit me harder this year somehow. I miss warm sunshine. Not the weak sun with the blasting cold wind that seems to be all to common around here. I miss taking walks around the neighborhood soaking up warmth.
But, it seems that Spring is on its way! Birds have started tentatively tweeting, a bunny has been spotted in the grassy area by our apartment (although he only comes out at night, which seems odd) and it is supposed to be 60 degrees in a couple days (I have my doubts about that one, but hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised:). What I am anxiously waiting for are the little weedy flowers that start sprouting up as a first sign of spring. So far, there is not a green thing in sight, but I will keep you updated.
This week is Spring Break. Last year we went to visit our family in New Mexico for Spring Break and I can't help thinking about how nice that was. Unfortunately this year it made more sense for us to just stay put. I keep getting all annoyed that I don't get to take any time off of work, but then I realize that just because my husband is on a university schedule doesn't mean that I am too! To be fair, he doesn't get any time off either. He has papers to write, presentations to prepare, and exams to grade. Poor guy, he is the one who really needs a break. Who ever said grad school was a piece of cake? I am pretty sure no one ever did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment