Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Heat

The heat of summer is officially upon us. For some reason during the freezingness of winter, when I am complaining and wishing desperately for summer, I don't remember these really hot and humid days. Also, it is 8:30 in the morning. And I am already feeling the heat. Part of the problem is that our living room wall (which is also a giant window) is where the sun, as it rises in all of its glory, beams in ferociously. Making a hot and sticky start to the day.
In better and more positive news...we are moving in just about a month. And I am fairly sure, if I am remembering the layout correctly, we will not have this whole sun problem. So that is exciting. But doesn't really help when I am desperate for a cup of coffee, but know that after the first sip I will start sweating. What about making it an iced coffee? (you say) Well, just not worth it if it isn't cold brewed (says the ex-barista).
Today is the 4th of July and also a Wednesday. So, I am taking the day off of work, which is something I hardly ever do for holidays like this. But it is good to take a day off of work to spend with my hubs every now and then.
I suppose that is all there is to say. Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment